Monday, September 10, 2007

More Details on Moyra

Moyra's service is to be held on Wednesday, September 12 at St Patrick's Church in Carleton at 10 AM. We will be holding a luncheon afterwards.

My mother's death was very sudden. She always said they'd have to take her out of work feet first. She worked from 10:00PM that evening (she has worked nights for the past nine years) and her co-workers had given her a surprise Birthday party at their midnight dinner break. At about 6:00 AM she began to have trouble breathing. One of her co-workers grabbed Moyra's asthma inhaler from her locker. As soon as she took the inhaler, she lost consciousness and was evidently pulseless. CPR was started and EMS took her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead at 6:59 AM.

I am glad that her last night was a good one. She had called me on the prior Tues and told me how good she had been feeling lately. She had plans for the future and was as vibrant as ever. She was a woman who truly lived her life until she died.

May we all be so lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, here on being so lucky. I'm very sorry to hear this very sad news. Hope all else is well.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you for this sudden loss. By all accounts your mom was an amazing woman. I wish you and your family peace and healing in the upcoming season.