Monday, May 7, 2007

My fingers

My fingers hurt and its damned hard to type when they do. On the other hand, I'm starting to get back to being able to do things. I'm spending more time on my feet and less time in bed. I can go out and take care of my animals myself which is nice. Just don't ask me to do the dishes--we've got so many chipped dishes from my dropping everything.

Due to the sun sensitivity thing, I need to wear gloves outside and this morning they actually hurt my hands. I hate it when my clothes hurt. I've had trouble lately finding clothes that are acceptable to wear because of this. Complicated by the fact that I've gained weight, I can't find clothes that are both becoming and don't hurt. Let me be clear here: I don't mean these clothes are uncomfortable, I mean they hurt. Imagine a constant sunburn if you will. Some of my pants feel like they're made of metal rather than cotton and nylon.

Its hard to be clear with other people about symptoms when they sound so weird to one's own ears. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of chest pain, okay I can say that, but how do I explain that the sheets were too heavy for my feet?

Anyway, I was going to talk about something completely different, but typing hurts too much this AM so I'm done now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"how do I explain that the sheets were too heavy for my feet?" With a two-by-four, if necessary.

Maybe something like this? http://www.mileskimball.com/mileskimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Home&SCID=Bedding%2fPillows&ProductID=50783&SiteNum=0

Bryan Alexander said...

Good thing the temp is warming up, so you can sleep with fewer sheets.

(hugs from far away, my love)

your friend the nurse said...

I think you say it just as you did. There are those who understand, who have experienced the same sensation, though perhaps not for the same reason. And those who don't get it probably aren't worth the time to explain it to them.