Friday, April 6, 2007

Headed out

I'm heading out to Michigan this week to stay with some friends and family. It will be a nice break for both myself and the kids.

Husband and I are playing with ideas about how to keep the day to day running of the house going while I feel cruddy. The hiring of a housekeeper will probably be part of this and it looks like my mother will come out for a while. I sent an email to my kid's school just to give them a heads up about why things might be a little chaotic lately. I'd hate to have them think I suddenly got myself a drinking problem or something.

I had an appointment with DR the other day. He's very concerned about me it seems. We talked for a long time about how this protocol is going. I told him that anyone who's considering doing this needs to be the right combination of desperate and dedicated. I also made the observation that perhaps I was far sicker than anyone (including myself) had suspected. I think I have spent so long coping with this that I have raised coping to an art.

2 comments:

your friend the nurse said...

Coping. It's the new chronic state. I think the break will be good for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Yes yes, but what are you doing with your hair?!