Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Still here

I continue to recover. I'm tired and weak and a trip down the hall seems to take eternity, but I can breathe and stuff, so all is good.

Today I have made my first journey out of the house that doesn't include a dr's visit. I'm down in Hubby's office snarfing up broadband.

I can't help compare and contrast the Lyme and the pneumonia. Pneumonia is a scary thing. According to the American Lung Association, it was the number one killer in America before 1939. Even today, its the number one infectious killer, although, now most people it kills are elderly.

I want to write about medical hubris and societal attitudes towards sickness and health. I want to write aobut how we got to this place in the early 21st century where we can sure so much and yet people keep suffering from chronic debilitating stuff, but I'm in need of another nap.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: