Friday, February 23, 2007

I may yet live

Visited the dr today to check up on my chest. Unfortunately, my doc has been out of town this week so I saw his covering doc. I must say, bacterial pheumonia is one of those things our medical care system is just fantastic at treating (at least for those of us with insurance, but that's a whole other blog). I take my antibiotics, my fever goes away, my phlegm goes from yellow and copious to grey and scant. My chest was still very tight and worrisome though, so out of his modern medicine bag of tricks he pulls an albuterol inhaler. Voila! I can breathe. Some cough medicine so I can continue to rest and heal. An admonition not to overdo it and a directive to see my own doc next week and I'm on my way.

So very, very satsfying. So very very different from the Lyme.

To quote a favorite character from a favorite TV show "No impossible battles with ancient enemies against overwhelming odds. They were the bad guys. We were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying 'thump' when they hit the ground!"

No comments: