Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Here I am again

Still tired, only now I have a roaring cold. I've started this new medication. I feel like Nicole Kidman in The Others. Or, more precisely, her children since they're the ones with the extreme sun sensitivity. I am sitting in my darkened bedroom, since the sun could actually burn me through the glass. I have ordered some fancy expensive sunglasses. And since its cold, I can wear a balaclava outdoors for awhile. For spring I have ordered a hat and I will order some sun gloves (yes they make them) from Coolibar. They make special sun protective clothing. Did you know that an average summer shirt is only about 10 SPF? So I also ordered a couple of shirts to wear over my T shirts. I'm also ordering what's known as a "rash shirt" and tights for swimming. These are basically a long sleeved, long legged swim suit--think wet suit.

This regimen is experimental, although the drugs are not. Its similar to a regimen they use to treat arthritis. The biggest side effect is the aforementioned sun sensitivity, but as with all Lyme treatments, it's likely that I will feel worse before I feel better.

No comments: